Hello all, Nobleloaded is bringing to you a blogger, Author and a mother Janice Wald owner of Mostly Blogging, we will be hearing from Janice in this interview her long way in blogging and things to learn from her.
1. Can you tell our readers about yourself and your blog?
I’m Janice Wald, the author of AN INSIDER’S GUIDE TO BUILDING A SUCCESSFUL BLOG, available on Amazon.com.
I write about blogging in order to help bloggers by giving step-by-step directions for content creation.
My blog is MostlyBlogging.com. By following the advice in my posts, you will be able to increase your content’s visibility.
2. Describe how did you first get into blogging?
My two youngest daughters went to college. I started blogging to fill the void and help others. I started reading about blogging to improve my articles and fell into the blogging tips niche.
3. Can you tell me some of your strengths that really helped you in blogging? Reading about blogging tips, having a supportive husband, having grown daughters who no longer needed me in the home all enabled me to give my all to blogging.
4. How would you describe your blogging style? People have said my writing is understandable. That’s probably because I’m a teacher.
5. What type of networking do you think is better to enhance your traffic to the blog? Type of networking? All types! Definitely bloggers should comment on each other’s blogs. That’s how bloggers and their readers will learn about you.
6. What do you think is the best service a blogger can provide to his readers? Have relevant graphics and infographics which will help visual learners. Also, people are in a hurry so format with subheads, numbered lists, bolded lists, and shorter sentences.
7. What would be your ideal working environment? I have a room in my house I use as an office. I normally blog there.
8. How do you manage time to run your blog efficiently? I allot each day of the week for another blogging task. On days I don’t blog, for example, I respond to commenters.
9. What do you think is the best strategy that worked well for you to get more traffic to your blog? I try to give my readers what they want. For example, my readers like tech tips, productivity tips, and traffic tips.
10. How do you want to improve yourself in the next year? I would like to explore new content like content marketing and further explore SEO tips.
11. What was your greatest failure and what did you learn from that? I tend to get cavalier about networking. I can’t rest on my laurels. I need to keep growing my blog.
12. Tell me about your proudest achievement? I am a published author! I wrote AN INSIDER’S GUIDE TO BUILDING A SUCCESSFUL BLOG, for sale on Amazon.
13. Who has impacted you most in blogging and how? I read a great deal. Jon Morrow and Neil Patel are two of my favorites.
14. What is your greatest achievement outside of blogging? I am a mom of three beautiful daughters I am proud of.
15. What do you do in your spare time? I love to attend musical theater. My husband and I also watch television in our free time.
16. Where would you like to be in blogging five years from now? Making additional passive income from blogging, perhaps writing an additional ebook or two.
17. What was the most challenging moment in your blogging journey so far? Finding balance. Sometimes blogging tasks like guest posts were put on the back burner. I also needed to make time for my family.
18. Can you name some of your favourite bloggers and explain why they are your favourites? Neil Patel and Jon Morrow have great tips.
19. What inspired you to start your blog? (answered above in #3) Also see http://www.mostlyblogging.com/if-youre-brave-enough-to-say-goodbye-life-will-reward-you-with-a-new-hello-2/
20. How do you motivate yourself to keep the blog up
and running? I love the validation that comes from helping people.
21. What do you find the most frustrating aspect of blogging? Finding time since I also work outside the home.
22. In the future where do you hope your blog will take you? I hope to explore new topics and make more passive income. Conference speaking would be nice as well.
23. Have you met anyone interesting/famous on your blogging journey? You’re interesting Emmanuel!
24. Do you have any specific goals for the rest of this year? Find time for holiday shopping and sleeping in addition to keeping up with blogging and working as a teacher.
25. Did you have any professional help or did you created the blog yourself? Just me but I have a great tech helper, Merri Dennis.
26. How active are you on a weekly basis? How often do you communicate with your followers? As often as time allows.
27. How much time do you spend blogging? As often as time allows.
28. What do you think is the best social media strategy for getting more visitors to a blog? Check your dashboard to see where your visitors come from. Continue promoting there.
29. Would you encourage other people to make their blog? If you have the time and like helping people, absolutely
30. Is blogging your profession or just a hobby? A hobby that I make a little money from
31. A lot of people think that blogging is an easy way to make money online. Do you have some tips for those people who are interested in making money from the blog? Yes! My post explains 21 tips for making money online:
32. What is your last word for bloggers out there and Also NOBLELOADED readers? Keep at it! When you find tips that work, blogging is extremely rewarding. That’s why I provide those tips to people at MostlyBlogging.com